IDM Optimizer is basically software available for one of the best download manager, i.e. Internet Download Manager (IDM). There are various others available right now, like DAP, Microsoft lightweight Download manager, Orbit downloader and many others.
I recently used IDM Optimizer, which is small software utility that will help you to boost download speeds using IDM. It modifies some registry settings like max connection numbers, your connection speed, type and other few entries. So with these small tweaks you will be able to boost up your download speeds of IDM with IDM Optimizer. Also, this small piece of software comes along with ‘Reset’ button, which will restore your default registry settings that were set by IDM. This is included so that you can get back default settings which were set previously in case you do not see an increase in speed with IDM Optimizer.
Steps on how to use IDM Optimizer 2013 to increase download speeds with IDM:
- First of all, download IDM Optimizer software from here. (Make sure that you have already installed IDM on your PC since it works only with IDM.)
- Next, extract all the files present in the zip folder using software like 7zip or Winrar.
- Just double click on the exe file and click yes if UAC notification occurs.
- Hit the “Maximize Now!” button.
- Once you hit Maximize now button, the next popup will display “Please restart IDM to make changes”. Hit OK and your IDM will be optimized. Restart your PC once after you are done.
- That’s it guys, you have successfully optimized your IDM with IDM Optimizer for faster downloads, have fun now!
My experience with IDM Optimizer:
Just to make sure that everything works fine and it is well optimized, I had rebooted my PC and then started IDM so that it is really restarted. Now, the IDM was optimized so it was time to test whether it really works or no. Hence, before installing the optimizer software, I had downloaded a file with 8.03 MB.
Without IDM Optimizer:
File size: 8.03 MB.
Time required: 2 minutes and 26 seconds.
With IDM optimizer:
File size: 8.03 MB.
Time required: 2 minutes and 21 seconds.
Now, it is clearly visible from the above two downloads that there was a decrement by 5 seconds which is negligible. The file size was small, so for a large file of 100 MB or may be 1 GB; you could reduce time required by almost 50 seconds to 500 seconds. This can be considered as major increase in speed.
Note: I had downloaded the same file of 8.03 MB back again with IDM optimizer enabled, just to make sure that all download factors remain the same and the file is downloaded from the same server. I have 512 kbps broadband connection. Related: Increase ram in android.
Final words about IDM Optimizer:
Well, as you can see, I got an increase in my download speeds so I would definitely recommend you to try it out! After all, there is no harm in trying it out. It’s good if it works for you else you can restore the default settings anytime. You can also share your experiences about IDM optimizer below!