HTC Desire 200 is entry level smartphone by the manufacturer. Recently, HTC had come up with many amazing models but all are priced very high so it was necessary for them to get low priced competitor. This adds good competition to the low priced phone market in India.
Full specifications of HTC Desire 200:
Hardware and OS:
Under the hood, it packs Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S1 single core processor which is clocked to operate at 1 GHz along with 512 MB of RAM. The phone measures about 107.7 x 60.8 x 11.9 mm and it weighs out approximately 100 grams, which is quite impressive. There accelerometer, light and proximity sensors present. The gravity sensor is responsible for adjusting the viewing angle. It is basically an android phone but there are no details on the version of Android. However, it is expected to run on Android v4.1 out of the box.
Display and camera details:
It does not have huge display like the trend, but 3.5 inches capacitive touch-screen which is quite more than enough. You can easily put it inside your pocket unlike other oversized ones. The display resolution is about 320 x 480 (HVGA) pixels with pixel density of 165 and supports multi-touch too.
The HTC desire 200 smartphone has main snapper of 5 megapixels, which is good enough to capture images of resolution 2592 x 1944 pixels. However, don’t expect it to capture HD videos. It can do away only with VGA quality videos. Also, it lacks front camera which can be considered as wrong move by HTC. Most of the smartphones, even low priced include front facing camera, but HTC has done away with it.
Connectivity and sharing options in HTC Desire 200:
- Regular SIM card slot for inserting SIM card.
- Can make calls through 2G network over SIM card.
- You can browse internet through GRPS and EDGE networks.
- It supports HSDPA with speeds of 7.2 mbps and HSUPA up to 5.76 mbps.
- There is 3G connectivity on the HTC Desire 200 smartphone, but you cannot use it for making video calls.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 is also there with all profiles supported. You can also use the smartphone for Wi-Fi tethering or as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Bluetooth v4.0 along with A2DP is provided.
- Infrared and micro USB port prove to be handy when we want to transfer/ exchange data.
- For navigation purposes, it includes GPS along with support for A-GPS.
- It is capable of playing JAVA apps through the MIDP emulator.
- Full access to Google play store.
- Capable of playing all popular audio and video formats.
Battery and memory options:
All the operations of this phone are backed up by Lithium ion battery of 1230 mah. The battery is removable and rechargeable. With this battery, you can expect to get stand-by time of 600 hours and talk-time of 8 hours. It is quite satisfactory in terms of performance.
It boasts in-built memory of about 4 GB, along with 0.5 GB of RAM. The RAM can be considered to be sufficient in terms of performance and multi-tasking. The memory is further expandable up to maximum of 32 GB through micro SD card slot.
Price of HTC Desire 200 in online stores:
It is expected to get a price tag of $169, which is approximately about 10k in INR. At such a price it can prove to be a good alternative.
Finally, Desire 200 proves to be good Android smartphone in the low price range. However, if you are an advanced user and want to have a smartphone which will be useful for multi-tasking, than it is not recommended to you. Also, it lacks front camera which may be downside for most of you. Like us on facebook to receive updates about this phone.